I just felt like defining what my love is and how I know I love someone
What is my love?
My love isn't in the bulge of my light washed blue jeans
It isn't connected to the contents in my black leather wallet
It isn't produced by the strength of my voice at an early hour
My love is blind
So close your eyes and see me for who I am
Ignore every physical attraction
See the dreamer
See the ambitious writer
See the man
When I close my eyes
I see you for who you are
The heartbeat after mine
The strength behind my muscles which causes my smile
So I unravel myself and examine why I say "I love You"
As I feel your love through the sole touch of your skin
As I hear your love through your chest beating steadily
As I smell your love from your natural scent which becomes sweeter than perfume
As I taste your love from your lips after a midnight kiss
As I see your love w/ not only my eyes but my heart
I realize I love you
In your eyes I see myself
Not as a prisonor but as a giver
As a giver, I am also a reciever
I am willing to hold yours
-AGW
No comments:
Post a Comment