Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Come Up vol. 3: A-Ville


"Music is the beginning but, not close to being the end."



AGW: For everyone who don't know you, who are you?
A-ville: My stage name is A-ville. Although, I live in Hampton,Virgina, I was born in Asheville, North Carolina. I'm a  27 year old producer, rapper, writer and co-owner of Double S Records.

AGW: Tell us about the camp you "run" with?
A-ville: Double S Records consist of myself, John Dawson, Crash Tokyo, Quiet, Ras Al Goul. John Dawson and I are in a group together called Smooth Transition, where he sings and I rap. Crash Tokyo sings and rap. Quiet is the other co-owner. Last but not least is Ras Al Goul, he is a producer as well.

AGW: How long have you been producing and rapping?
A-ville: I've been producing since 2003 and rapping since 1996


AGW: Who is your biggest influence?
A-ville: Truthfully, I'm influence by anyone who is making good music. Everybody has something to offer, some good, some bad but, at the end of the day its still music.

AGW: What artist(s) and/or producer(s) do you look up to in the game?
A-ville: The artists would be Jay-Z and Eminem. The producers would be Timberland and Ryan Leslie.

AGW: Who are some established artist you would like to work with?
A-ville: That list is very long but,a few are Lupe Fiasco, Wale, T.I., B.o.B.

AGW: Who are some other "come up" artist you would like to work with?
A-ville: I want to work with everyone, I'm not charging for features until I sell 1,000 copies out of a retailer.

AGW: Who are some of the "come up" artist you are working with currently?
A-ville: TGZ, Sticky T, CNG Boyz, Chix, Rayzor, and Fresh Dope.

AGW: What's makes you better than the next rapper or producer?
A-ville: Nothing at all. Actually, I feel as though everyone (except a chosen few) is better than I am . That's what makes me step it up when I'm making a beat or when I step into the both.

AGW: What's an misconception about you?
A-ville: I've never heard one. If you come across one, let me know lol.

AGW: What "sound" would you "classify" your productions?
A-ville: Actually, I'm in the process of creating my own sound, that's easier said then done. I would say I'm electric lol.

AGW: What would be your dream deal scenario?
A-ville: A distribution deal through E1Music, you can't get any better than that.

AGW: What is something about the music game you dislike?
A-ville: I hate the lack of creativity and there's a shortage of actual MCs.

AGW: Like?
A-ville: To be honest, there isn't a lot I like about the music game right now. It's a cut throat business but, I dont have to like it to love it lol.

AGW: What are some of your goals for 2010?
A-ville: I'm dropping five mixtapes (Four instrumental 'tapes and another called "Fed Up") this year, that's not a goal it's a promise. Other than that maybe another Smooth Transition Mixtape.

AGW: Shout outs?
A-ville: Dou ble S Records, Sick Headz Entertainment, AWESOME ENTERTAINMENT, Medisine Productions, Fall Back Entertainment, Masked Militia Entertainment.

You can check more of A-ville and Double S Records at:

BEATS:
Pre-made: $25.00 - $55.00
Custom: $100.00


No comments:

Post a Comment