“I’ve been writing since I was 10 years old. I was in the 5th grade and a song just came to my mind and I wrote it down and every since I have been writing nonstop. My writing went from raps to songs to movies to poems. I’m 18 so you can imagine how much writing I have done; I’ve written songs and raps for guys and girls I’m working on my 5th movie, I’m not much of a poem person, only when needed like at a funeral or for a class I will write a poem.
“In school I was the girl with a whole bunch of books in my hand but instead of school books I had notebooks full of songs, and everyone in school wanted to be in my movies. I took a radio/TV broadcasting class and I took theatre. I also wrote and directed and starred in my own play! I got a group called Awesome I write and rap for them, were putting out mix tapes and doing blogs and just networking to get our name out there. We all still work and go to school while trying to accomplish our dreams; some of us even have kids. Our style is different – we style for success. I work so hard sometimes it feels like I work too much. But opportunities never come to those who wait; they are captured by those who dare to attack.”
-Stoney Ocean
No comments:
Post a Comment